Unknown Massage Benefits

Share Button

UNKNOWN MASSAGE BENEFITS

Did you know that only 40% of all Americans have actually received a massage? This leaves a giant market of 60% who have never had one massage!  As a licensed massage therapist and instructor, I have to wonder why this is so?  One reason may be that the benefits of massage have not been properly reported to the public at large.

There are numerous medical conditions and situations that massage has been shown to benefit!  This is a partial list of what massage can help:

  1. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
  2. Sciatica
  3. Tension Headaches
  4. Whip-lash
  5. Torticollis
  6. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
  7. Pregnancy-related back discomfort
  8. Myofascial Pain
  9. Sore or Overused Muscles
  10. Muscle Injury
  11. Minor Lymphatic Drainage

This is just a short list of case studies that have shown massage to be quite effective in relieving symptoms and in some cases the exact causes of the problem.  The fact that we need each other in order to help each other is obvious.  For these therapeutic benefits, we cannot really give ourselves the relief we need.  We must have the help of trained massage therapists.

Finally in the words of Pierre Tielhard De Chardin, “We are one, after all, you and I. Together we suffer, together exist, and forever recreate one another.”  Let us get the word out, “Massage Heals!” 60% of Americans do not know this.  We have work to do!

www.irenes.edu

Article by:

Brian John Piccolo, LMT
www.BrianJohnPiccolo.com

Chime in. Leave a comment.