Attention Employers -In order to be added to Irene’s Myomassology Institute’s list of approved massage employers, the proprietor must be in compliance with the standards below. Employers who do not abide by these standards will not receive assistance in hiring new therapists. Prior to requesting assistance in finding a therapist, please read this entire list to assure that you meet this criteria. Before you request employment assistance, you must certify that you are in compliance at the end of this document.
Minimum Standards for Irene’s Approved Employers
The following list contains the minimum criteria that Irene’s Myomassology Institute requires of an establishment to be an approved employer. If the institute receives reports of an employer mistreating or under paying therapists, our career services department will investigate the allegations. If compelling evidence reveals that the employer does not meet our minimum standards they will be removed from our alumni referral list and will no longer be invited to career fairs.
- Minimum $20 per one-hour massage, discounted massage does not discount the therapist compensation.
- Minimum wage is required for cleaning common areas, answering phones, doing laundry, and attending meetings.
- Minimum wage is required for therapists required to stay onsite between clients. This time is compensated in addition to compensation for doing massage.
- Therapists are provided with 100% of their tips in addition to their compensation.
- ► Receptionists are knowledgeable of all studio policies and specials. Receptionist must enforce all protocols in their job description. This includes, but not limited to:
- Fair rotation of clients amongst all therapists to the best of their ability.
- Introductory massage prices provided to first time clients only.
- Phone calls are professionally and efficiently managed.
- Clients are greeted warmly and transactions are handled professionally.
- ► A sanitary work environment with comfortable climate control is necessary.
- ► Any continuing education required by employer, is paid for by the employer.
- ► Therapists are not required to give free massages to other staff members.
- ► Therapists are given the opportunity to agree to the maximum number of clients per day, and the length of time between clients.
In order to be returned to the Irene's Approved Employer List, official documentation (signed contract or employee handbook) must be provided that demonstrates the employer meets minimum employment standards. Documentation must include the following components: compensation; the method and frequency pay is disbursed; all required tasks in addition to performing massage; the length of time given between clients; the policy regarding the maximum number of massages given in a row and the total massages given in one day. All of this information will be held in the strictest confidence. Additionally, the employer must provide a minimum of two recommendations/testimonials from graduates of Irene’s collaborating their fair employment practices. The recommendations can either be given in person, over the phone or on a notarized sworn affidavit.
Click here to print these standards.