Robin Leslie Graduated June 2015

Irene’s – Why did you choose massage therapy as a career?

Robin – I chose this career because previously I worked in the field of nuclear medicine and now I help people without poison or drugs and my heart couldn’t be happier.

Irene’s – Where do you practice massage therapy?

Robin – I practice at Odette and Corne Chiropractic in Woodhaven, Michigan. I also practice at Progressive Tactics Martial Arts in Brownstown, Michigan, and 3DFIT in Riverview, Michigan.

Irene’s – What is the most rewarding part of your massage career? 

Robin – The most rewarding part is seeing people renew their body mind and spirit.

Irene’s – Do you have a favorite memory from massage school? 

Robin – My favorite memory is when I would just walk into the school. It just gives you a healing feeling. I would even go up there on the days I didn’t have classes, just to breathe, reset, and just heal.

Irene’s – What was the best class you took at Irene’s massage school? 

Robin – My favorite classes were Rob’s orthopedic massage, Randy’s Thai, and Brian’s positional release.

Irene’s – What bodywork modalities or massage techniques do you find most effective? 

Robin – Depends on the client and situation.

Irene’s – What was your greatest success with a massage client? 

Robin – My greatest success is yet to come!!

Irene’s – Where is the first place you worked after you graduated from massage school? 

Robin – My first job was at V.I.P. Salon in Trenton.

Irene’s – What do you do for self-care to provide longevity for your massage career? 

Robin – My self-care is going to the ocean, yoga, therapy trades with other Irene’s Alumni, and prayer.

Irene’s – To what do you attribute your success as a massage therapist? 

Robin – My success is due to 1st and for most, my Lord Savior that fills and guides me. Everything starts there!  I have the best support system with a family that believes in me and understands the importance of helping others.  I work with 4 amazing doctors who have trusted me to work right by their side for 6 years. I am blessed to have the best athletic and martial arts trainers who count on me to help their clients overcome physical obstacles to WIN!

Irene’s – What do you feel was the biggest mistake you made as a massage therapist and how did you address it? 

Robin – The biggest mistake and how I overcame it was when I did not invest in myself enough.  Know your worth! I fixed this by getting more and more education in the field that I love.

Irene’s – Do you have any advice for new massage therapists? 

Robin – My advice is to apprentice at least once at Irene’s.  Also, learn to explore and love the place that you are at. You are never ever “stuck” at any job or place.

Irene’s – What is the best way for massage clients to contact you? 

Robin – Email:  redravenmom@yahoo.com or call Ph: 313-778-0138