Get the Benefits of Therapeutic Massage at Affordable Prices in a Safe Environment
We are excited to welcome you to Irene’s Student Massage Clinic! Your health is extremely important to us! We have implemented new protocols to keep Irene’s Community as safe as possible during the pandemic.
Our strict protocols follow CDC and State of Michigan guidelines, as well as all recommended safety measures for the industry. This is to ensures that the massage you receive is both safe and comfortable.
Call us with any questions 248-350-6929!
Here are some highlights of the changes we have in place.
- Our office asks health screening questions prior to appointments.
- If a client answers yes to any question, they are asked to reschedule without penalty.
- Appointments times are staggered to accommodate one client at a time in common areas.
- Everyone entering the building must wear a face mask, use hand sanitizer and have their temperature taken.
- All hallways have floor decals indicating 6 foot distancing.
- All upholstered furniture has been replaced with hard wood surfaces that are easier to clean.
- Students wear face masks covering their nose and mouth, wash their hands past the elbow before and after every massage, and wear a clean apron for each client.
- Each treatment room has hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray and no-touch trash cans.
- To facilitate clients laying face down without a mask, our face rests are covered using a special technique to prevent any mouth or nasal drips being released into the room.
- Clients re-apply their mask when they lay face up.
- Students have a full 30 minutes between clients for hygiene and room sanitation protocols.
- Students and staff received specialized training on cleaning and disinfection procedures in massage settings.
- Our stringent sanitation protocols use EPA-certified disinfectants on all surfaces, doorknobs, chairs, massage tables, pens, clipboards, etc.
- All linens and blankets are changed between every client.
- Clean and used linens are stored in separate enclosed receptacles.
Call for an Appointment 248-350-6929
Irene’s provides senior, military & veteran discounts
One Hour Massage — $40
Seniors (60+ years) — $35
Military and Veterans — $30
Give the Gift
†Senior or Military Gift Certificates can only be redeemed by individuals meeting those criteria.
If an emailed certificate or receipt does not appear in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
What to Expect at Irene’s Student Massage Clinic
Irene’s Student Therapists
Irene’s Myomassology Institute offers a relaxing and restorative massage service given by senior students in a professional environment.
All of our student therapists have completed thorough training in massage techniques to provide you with an incredible experience with lasting effects.
We train them in a multitude of techniques to not only help you relax but to increase flexibility, dissolve aches and pains and relieve anxiety.
Irene’s clinic is professionally run to provide an amazing experience for both clients and students. Each massage is performed in a private treatment room designed for your comfort and relaxation.
Irene’s massage students are trained to professionally address the needs of each client. Located in Southfield, we provide Metro Detroit residents with a therapeutic massage at affordable prices. Irene’s parking lot and building are fully handicapped accessible.
Prior to working in the massage clinic, Irene’s students have been thoroughly trained in Swedish massage. They have completed at least half of their massage school education before beginning their clinical requirements.
In our hectic lives, physical and emotional stress readily presents itself. A well-trained massage therapist is equipped to relieve that strain. By understanding how different parts of the bodywork together, a talented therapist can relieve the pressures of everyday life in addition to a multitude of health challenges.
Irene’s Student Massage Clinic Experience
Prior to Your Massage
We teach our students to address your needs and comfort, which is why they conduct a short consultation prior to your massage. You can discuss with your therapist any areas of concern, sore spots, tight muscles or prior injuries.
Faculty supervisors are always available for any questions you may have. Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time for you to complete a client intake form and for us to give you the best possible service.
During Your Massage
You can expect a relaxing experience. Make sure you are honest with your therapist, inform them of any sore spots or pain. It is their goal to assure your comfort.
As you are draped throughout the massage, only the area of the body being massaged is uncovered. The supervisor will briefly enter the room during the massage to observe the session and answer any questions you may have.
Completing a Massage
Your therapist will inform you when your session is over and leave the room. Get up from the table slowly and take your time getting dressed. Massage is very relaxing, and you may need a moment to focus. You should feel relaxed with your aches and pains dissolved.
Following a Massage
After you are dressed you will be asked to complete a brief evaluation for your therapist. Please do so honestly, as this is an important component of your therapist’s learning process. We value your feedback to assist the student with their progress. It is recommended that you drink extra water to hydrate and flush your body.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Even the most commonly practiced Swedish massage provides muscle relaxation and increases the body’s blood circulation. Studies show that therapeutic massage can be helpful for headaches, fibromyalgia, insomnia, PTSD, depression, lowering blood pressure, enhanced athletic performance and much more.
Whether you are looking for pain management, injury rehabilitation or simply have a relaxing and enjoyable experience–an inexpensive massage from Irene’s Myomassology Institute can help achieve your goals!